![]() |
![]() |
|
NewsApril, 2 Soulja Boy denies 'disgusting' rape allegations during civil trial![]() Soulja Boy has denied raping a woman and branded the allegations "disgusting". The rapper, real name DeAndre Cortez Way, testified in his own defence at a civil trial in California on Tuesday, and insisted he had "never" assaulted a woman who claimed he beat, raped and held her against her will. According to Rolling Stone, defence lawyer Rickey Ivie asked if Way had ever "hit the plaintiff in the mouth, bust her lip, and force her to give you oral sex?" The 34-year-old music star responded: "Of course not, and that's a disgusting allegation. It sounds crazy to me. I did not do that." The unnamed woman, referred to as Jane Doe during the trial, claimed she worked as a live-in personal assistant to the star. Way has denied she was ever his employee. Doe has accused Way of first raping her in a bathroom in February 2019, during a police raid of his home. As Way took to the stand on Tuesday during the tenth day of the trial, he confirmed they had been sexually intimate on this occasion, but asserted it was consensual. "I asked her if she wanted to have sex, and she was engaged in it," he insisted. "She didn't push me or say stop, nothing like that." The Crank That hitmaker also claimed Doe lived in his home "rent free" and had offered to do things for him voluntarily. The woman has claimed she was regularly beaten and sexually assaulted over a period of two years, during which the pair had a relationship that sometimes involved consensual intimacy. During her testimony, Doe told the jury she "feared" for her life and alleged Way had told her he knew where her mother lived and had threatened to "send shooters" to the house. She also claimed Way withheld meals, locked her in rooms and called her cruel names. Way began his testimony last week, when he was called as a hostile witness, and offered mainly one-word answers during the examination.
Photo: Cover Media
April, 2
April, 2
April, 1 |
||
|